It's the time of year to gather and prepare the nest. I feel like our nest is pretty much settled, so I'm spending more time at the shop nest - clearing out, bringing in and preparing for the colder seasons ahead.
Part of my job is to keep inspired. Luckily this is something I have trained myself to do since I was a kid. Being proned to depression, being inspired has become a major piece of my basic human survival. I have learned to keep my environment stocked with pictures, quotes, images and things that make me happy. I have done this by keeping files on my computer, picture journals, binders, and file folders full of clippings. These sources have become touchstones for me - places I resort to when I need to feel good! I highly recommend you too keep your own inspiration files, whether it's on your computer, through the use of a journal, or a box of things that inspire!
Here are a few things in my file right now:
2. Paint swatches: I keep these everywhere.
3. Rolling Stones album cover that hangs in the bathroom at the shop
4. Gold and turquoise - one of my favourite colour combinations
5. A picture of a vintage home decorating book I got from Millpond Records and Books, one of my shop neighbours.
6. Me as a baby with a 'Saturday' bib. Looking at pictures from my past always grounds me - it reminds me of where I've come from and special memories.
7. I skipped 7 apparently :)
I hope you have a great weekend.